What’s it all about?
Speech Pathologists diagnose and treat communication disorders, including difficulties with speech, language, fluency and voice. Speech Pathology can support development of skills in a number of areas, including:
- Language delays and disorders, including expressive language, comprehension, vocabulary and grammar.
- Augmentative and alternative communication support for people who find verbal communication difficult, including key word sign, communication books and communication devices.
- Swallowing and feeding difficulties.
- Speech delays and disorders, including articulation, phonology and motor speech disorders.
- Pre-literacy and literacy skills.
- Cognitive communication skills, such as social communication, reasoning and problem solving.
- Fluency and stuttering.
- Voice and resonance disorders.
KidzWish Speech Pathologists work with families, caregivers, preschools, schools and community organisations to support children with disabilities and developmental delays.
How does it work?
Our Speech Pathology service offers:
- Family centred goals and intervention based on an individualised plan with a focus on inclusion.
- Flexible therapy services that cater to each family’s individual circumstance.
- A range of service options including individual therapy, group therapy services, collaborative intervention with schools and preschools, and transition support.
- A range of service locations offered for therapy services including sessions in our clinic, at home, school, preschool or in the community.
- Joint sessions available with other therapists as required.
- Goals and outcomes driven intervention that is based on best available research and evidence.
KidzWish Speech Pathology services are for children aged 0-18 years living in the Illawarra region. We currently accepting referrals from the below funding packages:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Helping Children With Autism (HCWA)
- Better Start
Please call our Therapy Admin Coordinator Teagan on 1300 260 990 to discuss referrals.