What’s it all about?
Occupational Therapists work with children to enable them to participate in activities of everyday life. Occupational Therapists can help support children’s development of skills in a number of areas, including:
- Fine motor
- Hand-eye coordination
- Visual perception
- Sensory needs
- Self-help skills
KidzWish Occupational Therapists work with families, caregivers, preschools, schools and community organisations to support children.
How does it work?
Our Occupational Therapy service offers:
- Family centred goals and intervention based on an individualised plan with a focus on inclusion.
- Flexible therapy services that cater to each family’s individual circumstance.
- A range of service options including individual therapy, group therapy services, collaborative intervention with schools and preschools, and transition support.
- A range of service locations offered for therapy services including sessions in our clinic, at home, school or preschool or in the community.
- Joint sessions available with other therapists as required.
- Goals and outcomes driven intervention that is based on best available research and evidence.
KidzWish Occupational Therapy services are for children aged 0-18 years living in the Illawarra region. We currently accepting referrals from the below funding packages:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Helping Children With Autism (HCWA)
- Better Start
Please call our Therapy Admin Coordinator Teagan on 1300 260 990 to discuss referrals.