What’s it all about?
KidzWish provides an opportunity for people to share personal experiences and feelings, coping strategies, or firsthand information about diseases and treatments.
For many people, the KidzWish support group may fill a gap between medical treatment and the need for emotional support. A person's relationship with a doctor or other medical personnel may not provide adequate emotional support, and a person's family and friends may not understand the impact of a disease or treatment. The KidzWish support group among people with shared experiences may function as a bridge between medical and emotional needs.
Common experiences among members of the KidzWish support group often means they have similar feelings, worries, everyday problems, treatment decisions or treatment side effects. Participating in the support group provides an opportunity for children and families to be with people who are likely to have a common purpose and likely to understand one another.
Benefits of participating in the KidzWish support group include:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Improving skills to cope with challenges
- Staying motivated to manage chronic conditions or stick to treatment plans
- Gaining a sense of empowerment, control or hope
- Improving understanding of a disease and your own experience with it
- Getting practical feedback about treatment options
- Learning about health, economic or social resources
Parents of children within the Illawarra & South Coast who have a disability or illness.
When does the program run?
Groups run every Thursday night at 7:00pm at KidzWish Place (1 Hinchinbrook Drive, Shell Cove, NSW, 2529).
COVID-19 update - sessions are currently run via zoom. You will receive the zoom link once you have completed your registration.
For further information please call Kylie on 0447 181 198 or email email@example.com