KidzWish Place is a home full of love and laughter. The organisation which has been running since 2004 helps Illawarra and South Coast children who are sick, disadvantaged or have a disability. KidzWish provides speech pathology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, an appeals program, music and dance activities, a sports academy program and the KidzWish Children’ s Christmas party which hosts over 4,300 kids and carers.
The organisation will deliver services for children under the NDIS. These are envisioned to be occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech pathology, however services and programs may be added as the roll-out approaches and into the future.
KidzWish employs a therapy team of passionate health professionals committed to making life better for children and their families. The KidzWish therapy team believe in supporting children and their families to be the best they can be.
The family-centred practice delivers quality services in the most suitable method for each individual’s situation while keeping their goals in mind. The KidzWish team prides itself on:
- A highly skilled interdisciplinary team of therapists (including occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech pathology).
- Delivering high quality, evidence-based intervention based around goals determined by the family .
- Having flexible service delivery including in clinic, home visits, school/ preschool visits and community inclusion options.
- Recognising a child’ s individual strengths, goals and dreams in planning for their future.
- Offering a welcoming and supportive environment for children and their families.
- Providing a range of programs to support therapy services and pathways for children to meet their goals such as music and dance plus a sports academy.
KidzWish Place is located at 1 Hinchinbrook Drive, Shell Cove. The organisation is in the process of building a new KidzWish Place in Flinders, with plans for six therapy rooms, a music and dance studio, a multipurpose sports hall, office administration rooms, a covered play area and a magic cupboard full of toys. The team hopes to have completed construction and occupy the new KidzWish Place by mid-2018.
To apply for assistance through NDIS, phone Teagan on 1300 260 990 or email Teagan at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit KidzWish Place in Shell Cove.