KidzWish Day is officially June 22, but the children’s charity is calling on the Illawarra community to host an event anytime next month.
Illawarra businesses, schools and community members have already signed up to host a variety of fundraising events to help the development of the new KidzWish Place project in Flinders.
KidzWish marketing manager Karouna Micheal said the message of this year’s KidzWish Day was “local kids matter”, and with the help of the community, the charity planned on turning the Illawarra orange.
“More than 15 businesses, schools and individuals across the Illawarra have registered a fundraising event, more than 40 pubs and clubs have money tins as part of their fundraising and more than 50 volunteers have registered their support to help raise funds and awareness for our cause,” Mr Micheal said.
“There are so many ways to get involved this KidzWish Day. People can host an event where they can choose any day in June and turn orange; register as a volunteer and hit the streets shaking money buckets and selling merchandise; or donate on our website as every little bit helps,” he said.
KidzWish Day Events Calendar
- Foragers Markets, June 3 at Bulli Showground
- Aidyn's Birthday Bash, June 3 at Shellharbour Sports Stadium
- Lake Illawarra Police Vs. Nowra Police Charity Soccer Match, June 5 at Kiama Sports Complex
- Community BBQ, June 7 at Bunnings Shellharbour
- KidzWish Merchandise Sale, June 16 at Stockland Shellharbour
- Haworth Music School Half Yearly Concert, June 17 at Haworth Music School Albion Park
- Community BBQ, June 21 at Bunnings Shellharbour
- Oliver's Morning Tea, June 22 at Willow Tree Family Daycare
- Orange Army $Dollar Deal, June 22 from Thirroul to Wollongong gold coin collection drive
- Orange Mufti Day, June 22 at Dapto Public School
- Chuckles 4 Charity, June 29 at University Hall UOW
- Team Jessica Weekes Chocolate Drive, June 1 - 30
- Online Charity Auction, June 1 - 30
- Salty Joe's Charity Art Auction, June 1 - 30