Our Long-Term Vision
We believe that children of all abilities deserve support, love and laughter in their lives. In partnership with governments and our local communities, we will continue to help children via our three umbrella programs; Support Programs, Love Programs and Laughter Programs.
Our long-term vision is that our multi-pronged approach of locating children that need help, connecting them to programs and then providing a solution will be the difference to ensure no child falls through the cracks.
To build a new KidzWish Place by 2020 to accommodate the growing need for our KidzWish services and programs.
Once the new KidzWish Place is fully operational we forecast that we will be able to provide:
- 150 to 180 children per fortnight with Speech Pathology
- 100 to 120 children per fortnight with Occupational Therapy
- 50 to 60 children per fortnight with Physiotherapy
- 620 to 640 children and 50-55 educators per year with our Mobile Therapy Program
- 110 to 120 children per week with Sports Academy and Music & Dance Programs
Transition the charity to a 100% model
KidzWish plan to transition the charity into a 100% model. What this means is that in the near future we will be able to make the bold promise where 100% of public donations will go directly to help kids who are sick, disadvantaged or have a disability. With two completely separate bank accounts and never touched for any other purpose, we will be able to guarantee that every public dollar donated helps children in need.
So, how will we pay for our overheads? Good question. We are starting to build up a group of generous private donors, key foundation partners and corporate partners to fund all of our operating expenses - costs that include office rent, staff salaries, marketing etc. These supporters provide more than just financial help ... they provide us with free services and materials, and are some of our most loyal supporters. It’s not an easy task, but it’s an approach we believe in as a team.
Provide greater access to services for children with disability in the Illawarra region
KidzWish has a clear direction to deliver the NDIS in a way that best meets the needs of children with a disability, their families and their carers, that is sustainable into the future. Our NDIS goals include:
- KidzWish to be a first-choice service provider for children with a disability, their families and their carers
- KidzWish to be financially sustainable service provider that operates efficiently under the new National Disability Insurance Scheme
- KidzWish to be well-known in the Illawarra & South Coast community as an NDIS provider