Our 5 steps on getting started
As the NDIS is being transitioned over the next year, some people will get plans before others, and there are currently longer wait times for children under 7 years of age.
Below are 5 steps that are important on your journey to getting an NDIS plan.
- Register for the NDIS – ensure your child is registered for the Scheme by calling 1800 800 110.
- Prepare for your planning meeting – Start thinking about what you want your child’s life to look like. What goals would they like to achieve? What services or supports do they need to do this? Write your answers down.
- Attend the planning meeting – When you are offered a planning meeting with an Early Childhood Partner or Local Area Coordinator, take along all the preplanning info you wrote down. Also bring along any reports you may have from doctors, specialists or allied health professionals.
- Get your plan – once you have received your child’s plan, book in a visit with your Local Area Coordinator or Early Childhood Partner to discuss your plan and how to use it.
- Start accessing services – contact any service providers you would like access services with, sign a service agreement and start services.
We're here to help
KidzWish is here to provide information and assistance on transitioning to the NDIS for everyone.
We run workshops and send information emails on different topics related to the NDIS.
For more information
For further information about our services please call Nivi on 1300 260 990.