We’re committed to making the content of this site accessible to the widest possible audience, including those:
- Using assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers,
- Who are unable to use the mouse,
- Dependent on the accessibility features of their web browser.
All images contain alternative (ALT) text. This ALT attribute is displayed when the site is visited with images "off" and voiced by screen readers. The null (or empty) ALT attribute used for ‘non-functional or brand-type’ images should be ignored by screen readers.
Forms use accessibility features that enable them to be used with screen readers.
We sometimes use PDF (portable document format) files on our website. These files require Adobe Acrobat Reader (free software) to be installed on your computer before they can be read.
If you are unable to use a PDF file from one of the council's websites due to an accessibility issue you may:
- Contact KidzWish to request a more accessible version of the content.
- Convert the PDF files using the online conversion service offered at the Adobe website. This service converts Acrobat PDF files to plain text or HTML via email.
Comments and feedback
We welcome any comments or suggestions regarding the accessibility features of the listed sites. If you wish to contribute to improving our sites, please contact us.